Brain injuries are amongst the most serious and most life-changing. We understand the severity of these types of injuries and have a prove track record of success. We’ve successfully been awarded multi-millions for our settlements and verdicts specifically for brain injury cases and have ensured that our clients are taken care of for their entire lives.
It’s never easy to cope with the physical and emotional impact of a traumatic brain injury. In addition to the physical and emotional pain and suffering, brain injury victims often face overwhelming financial debt due to steep medical bills and lost income as well. The award-winning lawyers at Oakwood Legal Group, alleviate the stress by answering your claims-related questions and helping you and your family fight for the compensation you deserve. We will give you the advice and guidance you need to make it through this difficult time and we will NEVER CHARGE YOU UNLESS WE WIN. Furthermore, you will NEVER pay anything out of your pocket to our law firm, for any reason.
Brain injuries can occur whenever the head is bumped, jolted, hit, penetrated, or jostled in an aggressive way. This type of damage can be the result of car accidents, bicycle accidents, motorcycle accidents, truck accidents, slip/trip, and falls, or physical assaults. The severity of a traumatic brain injury can range from a mild form that causes temporary loss of consciousness or mental irregularities to severe damage that causes lengthy or permanent loss of brain function and memory. While most brain injuries are of the mild variety and require minimal medical intervention, severe brain injuries can have catastrophic consequences that irreversibly alter your health and quality of life.
If you have suffered any head injury it is imperative that you receive the proper medical and legal attention that is needed to ensure your health and your future are protected. We have handled a countless number of head and brain injuries and possess the necessary skillset needed to attain maximum results for our clients. We understand the importance of retaining the TOP MEDICAL EXPERTS to assess your medical needs and help prove your damages.
If you or a family member has suffered from a brain injury, please contact us. We will walk you through each of the options that are available, and provide the support and guidance you need during this challenging time. Contact us at 888-804-7858 to schedule a FREE consultation to discuss the circumstances of your case and establish what benefits you could gain from the assistance of our injury law firm. You are under no obligation to hire our firm, and we will give you the time and consideration that you deserve.
Having an advocate to fight for you can be critical, especially if your situation is more complex than what is listed above. We take pride in our legal work, so you can feel secure in the hands of a passionate and caring personal injury law firm that is looking out for your best interests.
Types of California Brain Injury Cases We Handle
We are widely recognized as California’s best brain injury law firm because we have successfully handled a variety of brain injury claims. Each case is unique, and it takes experience and finely tuned legal strategies to overcome the hurdles standing between accident victims and a fair settlement.
We are seasoned litigators who assist clients in the following types of brain injury cases:
- Car Accidents Resulting in Brain Injuries
- Truck Accidents Resulting in Brain Injuries
- Pedestrian Accidents Resulting in Brain Injuries
- Motorcycle Accidents Resulting in Brain Injuries
- Bicycle Accidents Resulting in Brain Injuries
- Rideshare Accidents Resulting in Brain Injuries
- Slip and Falls Resulting in Brain Injuries
- Trip and Falls Resulting in Brain Injuries
- Physical Assaults Resulting in Brain Injuries
- Gym Accidents Resulting in Brain Injuries
- Drunk Driving Accidents Resulting in Brain Injuries
- Distracted Driving Accidents Resulting in Brain Injuries
- Single-Vehicle Accidents Resulting in Brain Injuries
- Hit and Run Accidents Resulting in Brain Injuries
- Failure to Yield Accidents Resulting in Brain Injuries
- Accidents Caused by Mechanical Malfunctions Resulting in Brain Injuries
- Accidents Caused by Road Hazards Resulting in Brain Injuries
- Accidents Caused by Defective Road Design Resulting in Brain Injuries
Duty of Care
It must be proven that the other person owed you a duty of care and breached that duty of care. All motorists on California roads have a duty to drive safely and avoid negligence behavior that would put other people in danger. Additionally, property owners have a duty to provide safe premises and not act negligently in their maintenance and security of those premises.
Drivers breach this duty of care when they:
- Fail to keep their vehicles safe
- Break the speed limit
- Drive under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Drive while distracted
- Make illegal turns
- Engage in other illegal or reckless behavior
Property owners breach this duty of care when they:
- Fail to maintain safe conditions
- Fail to maintain proper security
- Knew or should have known that a condition was dangerous and failed to take action
If any of the above occurred, you have the right to pursue compensation for your present medical bills, future medical bills, past lost wages, present lost wages, past pain and suffering, future pain and suffering and other damages you have incurred as a result of the accident. This remains true even if you were partially at fault. Unfortunately, insurance companies will not pay you what you deserve, because you don’t know these laws and they take advantage of that. We take pride in what we do and take pride in getting our clients every single penny that is owed to them by law.
We know the strategies used by insurance companies and defendants in brain injury cases to reduce their liability. Insurance adjusters might try to manipulate you into making a recorded statement that can be used against you. They might offer a low settlement before you know the full extent of your injuries. They might review your social media profiles for images that can be used to dispute the severity of your injuries. They go as far as hiring private investigators to follow you and video tape your day to day activities in an effort to minimize how much they pay you. You should never speak to the insurance adjuster, even when dealing with your own carrier, and you should not accept a settlement offer, without consulting an experienced car accident attorney. Countless times our clients have contacted us and we have recovered hundreds of thousands of dollars more than the original offer.
There are several factors that will determine whether your claim is successful and the worth of your case. Those factors include:
- The severity of your brain injury
- The extend of medical treatment presently needed and needed in the future
- The cost of the medical bills you have incurred
- The cost of any future medical treatment you will need
- The amount of income you lost due to your injuries
- Whether your injuries have affected your future earning capacity
- Whether you required home modifications to accommodate your injury
- The cost of fixing your vehicle
- Whether your injury caused scarring, disability, or the loss of a bodily function
- How the injury affected your relationship with your spouse or registered domestic partner
- Whether the other party acted with malice, oppression, or fraud
Harvard Attorney Representing YOU – Setting Records in the State of California for People JUST LIKE YOU!
What we love most about our line of work is that fact that our clients are able to receive legal representation from the best of the best, regardless of their financial status. In other fields of law, clients are often placed at a legal disadvantage because they cannot afford a highly educated, highly trained and award-winning legal team. At Oakwood Legal Group, we work on a contingency fee basis, which means you will never pay anything out of pocket unless and until we win your case.
We have handled countless brain injury cases to successful conclusion. Many California brain injury cases are settled without going to court. But when choosing a personal injury attorney for your brain injury case, it is important to know what kind of trial experience your lawyer can offer if your case does require litigation. Our experienced trial attorneys have set records in the entire State of California and we will work tirelessly to get you the compensation you deserve.
NOT ALL LAWYERS ARE CREATED EQUAL! GET A HARVARD ATTORNEY ON YOUR SIDE NOW! Time is of the essence, so please contact our legal team so we can allow you to focus on your health and take the burden off your shoulders by providing you with the legal support and expertise you need. Contact us at 888-804-7858 for a FREE consultation. You are not obligated to hire us and we will provide you with an honest evaluation of your legal matter.
We will COME TO YOU, or we can meet at any of our office locations in California.