When you lose a loved one under traumatic circumstances, getting through each day and allowing yourself to grieve can take all the energy and strength you have. Even thinking about pursuing a wrongful death case can be overwhelming and seem like an impossible task.
However difficult it might be, it is crucial to take the necessary steps to ensure that you and your family are taken care of from a legal and financial standpoint and that all of your options are pursued swiftly and effectively.
Wrongful death is when someone dies due to the negligent actions of another person. There is a limited amount of time in which to file a wrongful death legal claim and only certain loved ones are allowed to file claims. Spouses, children, and grandchildren have the rights to file a wrongful death claim. If none exist, parents, nieces and nephews, siblings, and other descendants may file a claim. The rules for filing are complicated, so please contact us as soon as possible so that we may assist you and your family. We have recovered millions of dollars for those who have lost a loved one and would love nothing more than to do the same for you.
We are here to guide you and counsel you throughout this difficult time and to explain the options that are available to you. Contact us at 888-804-7858 to schedule a FREE consultation to evaluate your case. You are under no obligation to use our firm, and we will provide you with an honest and accurate evaluation of the decisions you will need to make.
The award-winning lawyers at Oakwood Legal Group, alleviate the stress by answering your claims-related questions and helping you and your family fight for the compensation you deserve. We will NEVER CHARGE YOU UNLESS WE WIN. Furthermore, you will NEVER pay anything out of your pocket to our law firm, for any reason.
Types of California Wrongful Death Cases We Handle
We are widely recognized as California’s wrongful death law firm because we have successfully handled a variety of wrongful death claims. Each case is unique, and it takes experience and finely tuned legal strategies to overcome the hurdles standing between victims and a fair settlement.
We are seasoned litigators who assist clients in the following types of wrongful death cases:
- Car Accidents Resulting in Wrongful Death
- Truck Accidents Resulting in Wrongful Death
- Pedestrian Accidents Resulting in Wrongful Death es
- Motorcycle Accidents Resulting in Wrongful Death
- Bicycle Accidents Resulting in Wrongful Death
- Rideshare Accidents Resulting in Wrongful Death
- Slip and Falls Resulting in Wrongful Death
- Trip and Falls Resulting in Wrongful Death
- Physical Assaults Resulting in Wrongful Death
- Gym Accidents Resulting in Wrongful Death
- Drunk Driving Accidents Resulting in Wrongful Death
- Distracted Driving Accidents Resulting in Wrongful Death
- Single-Vehicle Accidents Resulting in Wrongful Death
- Hit and Run Accidents Resulting in Wrongful Death
- Failure to Yield Accidents Resulting in Wrongful Death
- Accidents Caused by Mechanical Malfunctions Resulting in Wrongful Death
- Accidents Caused by Road Hazards Resulting in Wrongful Death
- Accidents Caused by Defective Road Design Resulting in Wrongful Death
Duty of Care
It must be proven that the other person owed the deceased a duty of care and breached that duty of care. All motorists on California roads have a duty to drive safely and avoid negligence behavior that would put other people in danger. Additionally, property owners have a duty to provide safe premises and not act negligently in their maintenance and security of those premises.
Drivers breach this duty of care when they:
- Fail to keep their vehicles safe
- Break the speed limit
- Drive under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Drive while distracted
- Make illegal turns
- Engage in other illegal or reckless behavior
Property owners breach this duty of care when they:
- Fail to maintain safe conditions
- Fail to maintain proper security
- Knew or should have known that a condition was dangerous and failed to take action
If any of the above occurred, you have the right to pursue compensation for the loss of a loved one. This remains true even if your loved one was deemed partially at fault for their own death. Unfortunately, insurance companies will not pay you what you deserve, because you don’t know these laws and they take advantage of that. We take pride in what we do and take pride in getting our clients every single penny that is owed to them by law.
We know the strategies used by insurance companies and defendants in wrongful death cases to reduce their liability. Insurance adjusters might try to manipulate you into making a recorded statement that can be used against you. They might offer a low settlement before you know the full extent of your legal rights and the value of your claim. They might review your social media profiles for images or statements that can be used to dispute your relationship with your loved one. They go as far as hiring private investigators to follow you and videotape your day to day activities in an effort to minimize how much they pay you. You should never speak to the insurance adjuster, even when dealing with your own carrier, and you should not accept a settlement offer, without consulting with us. Countless times our clients have contacted us and we have recovered hundreds of thousands of dollars or even millions of dollars more than the original offer.
There are several factors that will determine whether your claim is successful and the worth of your case. Those factors include:
- The financial support your lost loved one provided
- The loss of love you suffered
- The loss of care and comfort you suffered
- The loss of supervision and guidance you suffered
- The loss of affection, moral support and protection you suffered
- The household assistance you suffered
- The future suffering of all of the above
- The burial and memorial expenses incurred
- Medical expenses incurred by the deceased from the time of the injury to his or her death
Harvard Attorney Representing YOU – Setting Records in the State of California for People JUST LIKE YOU!
What we love most about our line of work is that fact that our clients are able to receive legal representation from the best of the best, regardless of their financial status. In other fields of law, clients are often placed at a legal disadvantage because they cannot afford a highly educated, highly trained and award-winning legal team. At Oakwood Legal Group, we work on a contingency fee basis, which means you will never pay anything out of pocket unless and until we win your case.
We have handled countless wrongful death cases to successful conclusion. Many California wrongful death cases are settled without going to court. But when choosing an attorney for your case, it is important to know what kind of trial experience your lawyer can offer if your case does require litigation. Our experienced trial attorneys have set records in the entire State of California and we will work tirelessly to get you the compensation you deserve.
NOT ALL LAWYERS ARE CREATED EQUAL! GET A HARVARD ATTORNEY ON YOUR SIDE NOW! Time is of the essence, so please contact our legal team so we can allow you to focus on your health and take the burden off your shoulders by providing you with the legal support and expertise you need. Contact us at 888-804-7858 for a FREE consultation. You are not obligated to hire us and we will provide you with an honest evaluation of your legal matter.
We will COME TO YOU, or we can meet at any of our office locations in California.